Thursday 4 August 2011

What makes a perfect brew?

Throughout the ages, there has been some debate as to what makes a perfect brew...  milk or no milk? Milk first or last? Black, green or white tea? Bag or no?


For me, I use loose tea (the example in the picture is Tea Palace Organic Earl Grey St Clements) and I put them into a tea filter- about a teaspoon and a half of tea. I then let it brew, adding milk (if applicable) afterwards; I like quite a lot of milk! How do you make your tea? 

I'm putting together a post about perfect summer teas- please leave some suggestions in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. I like to drink tea, I drink lemon tea, it keeps me fresh and I can reduce the number of coffee cups a day from four to two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect summer tea is iced Earl Grey. Brew a strong tea and add sugar (even if you normally do not take sugar). Let cool. Serve on ice cubes.

    Another lovely lovely tea is Fortmason by Fortnum and Mason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever been to Orange Pekoe in Barnes? I think that one is a lovely tea shop too and it has excellent tea. My current favs: afternoon blend and Ceylon Kenilworth.

    ReplyDelete