Sunday 10 October 2010

Earl Grey Taste Challenge- Day 18

It has been a very busy week this week and so I took a new Earl Grey to work with me. Golden Monkey Tea Co  have a lovely EG (which I had to stop at least one co-worker from stealing some, she liked it so much!) which is very reasonably priced.

The tea has a strong, inviting smell and a really good colour- unlike some EGs, which can look a bit anaemic. As I've found with a few quality Earl Greys, there are cornflower petals in the mix; I'm not entirely sure why they are added, but they look pretty when added to black tea.

The taste itself is classic, good quality Earl Grey through and through. The tea, a luxurious Ceylon OP, gives a strong, malty and robust base flavour which is complemented by a zingy bergamot taste. This is EG at both its basic and finest- no messing about, no fiddling with quantities, just straight up citrus; perfect when you have a cold brewing (which I have had this week). Comforting, warming and delicious. What more could someone want in a no-nonsense, traditional Earl Grey?

No comments:

Post a Comment