Sunday 31 October 2010

A Good Brew...

I have to admit that I prefer loose leaf teas, but I do hate the mess that they can make! I thought I would run down my favourite (and some more unusual) ways of brewing a good cup of tea. I have used all of these at one point or another, but if you have another way of making your tea, do let me know!

1) The filter bag- these are a really reasonably priced option. At £3.70 for 100, these are perfect for work (where I often use them) and I like them at home, because once I've used them, I can chuck them on the compost bin. I always have a stash of these, because I feel a little bit bereft when I run out of them. You just fill them with tea and then treat them like a normal teabag. Easy peasy!



2) The Ingenuitea Teapot- I had a similar thing to this a couple of years ago when I first got into tea, albeit a much smaller one. They really are fab, especially when brewing oolong, as you can keep the leaves in for a bit to get your multiple infusions. What I like about this one is that you get two cups of tea from it. You simply put your tea leaves and water into the pot, watch the tea brew and then put the pot onto your mug. Hey presto, tea pours into said mug and no mess!








3) Infusing wheel- this is an invaluable part of any tea lover's armour. Put your tea in and treat like a teabag. The only advice I would give you is to be mindful that they can be a little messy (I've had one pop open into the mug of water and have spilt tea leaves down the side of the bin too) and you must clean them really well. However, perfect for those who maybe just have the occassional cup of leaf tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment