Tuesday 17 August 2010

Eteaket- Blooming Marvellous

Today has been a gloomy day; I haven't been able to focus on my work and it's been chucking it down with rain. I decided I needed a little pick-me-up. I have a few tea samples to choose from, but Eteaket's Blooming Marvellous caught my eye.

I will just say one thing- I am a sucker for tea with flowers in it. Especially roses. So, it was fate. It was the tea I needed there and then. It's a sencha tea (green) and has sunflower and mallow petals in it and promises fruit. Intriguing indeed.

First impressions- the smell is gorgeous; fruity, fun and cheerful were the words that hit me when I first smelled the tea in the packet. What is even nicer is that the aroma hit me by accident as I was getting a teaspoon. But please don't think that it's overpowering- it's not.

I've found people who are worried by a lovely smelling tea. It won't live up to its promise, they say. The smell is just there to lure you in, it tastes like dishwater. Be afraid no more, doubters. This tea lives up to its promise!

I've tried sencha blends before and have found that they can be somewhat lacking in charisma. Blooming Marvellous does not have that problem. The tea is clean and refreshing, providing a platform for a burst of fruity loveliness. At first, the sip is  luscious and smooth and is quickly followed by a burst of fruit flavour. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's a berryness with maybe a hint of citrus... Anyway, it is lush. One of my favourite teas reviewed on the blog so far and my favourite green tea so far.

1 comment:

  1. When I first read the word blooming in the title I thought it was going to be about one of those tea "flowers". Have you ever tried one of those?

    ReplyDelete