Tuesday 1 June 2010

Twinings Orange and Cinnamon

Cinnamon is one of my favourite flavours and I enjoy its wintery taste in tea (there's something about cinnamon that screams 'Christmas', which is fine for me whatever the season!) so I was intrigued to try this tea that was sent to me by a friend in Austria.

First things first, to some eyes, I may well be a tea heathen. I put milk in pretty much all of my black teas. This is just personal preference and I know others prefer it without. Cool. However, this black tea probably needed a bit of dilution. The orange aroma practically smacked me in the face as soon as the water was on the bag. It wasn't a 'nice' orange aroma, more an orangeade smell, which was confirmed by the taste. Although those who like citrus tea may well enjoy this (and maybe Twining's orange flavour works better in their herbal ranges), the cinnamon was completely overpowered. And that's hard, because if cinnamon was a person, it would be the flirty showoff in the room. In this tea, it was overshadowed by a younger, flashier upstart.

I'm not sure whether this is a mainland Europe special blend; I have been unable to find a sample of this on the British website.

1 comment: