Saturday 17 July 2010

Earl Grey Challenge- Day 7

So, I have quite a collection of teas now, thanks to the blog and I have a backlog of Earl Grey teas. As I break up for summer next week, I'm hoping that my energy levels will perk up and I can write more reviews!

Today's EG is from Lipton, a brand I know features in a lot of hotels around the world (having not been very well travelled, I have to take my friend's word for it.) It's one of those teas that people have a strong opinion of and that 'proper' tea drinkers seem to distain.

So, I decided to give it a go as someone who is completely neutral and has never tried the brand before.

Lookswise, the tea is fine, a nice colour, nothing special. There's not a strong smell, but that doesn't always put me off. There's a hint of bergamot, which is fine. (Notice the repetition of 'fine' here?)

The taste is OK. A bit watery and thin, but OK. I can see why this is given in hotels- it's not offensive, it's pleasant and it does the job. The taste is slightly flowery and leaves a nice aftertaste. It's a good EG for people who maybe haven't tried it before, but to someone who likes EG to pack a bit of a punch in one way or another it's just... OK. I would drink this when on holiday if nothing else was on offer. I don't dislike it at all. I just don't have remarkably strong feelings for it either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment