Friday 2 July 2010

Earl Grey Challenge- Day Five

I've hardly had time to breathe this week- meetings, parents' evenings, leaving dos. So today, I thought I would take a quick breath and tell you about my latest EG. This one is from Cup of Tea, the website of which I can highly recommend (some tea websites are nothing but confusion. This website makes my lazy perfectionist brain happy) For this review, I am trying their loose EG tea. For the record, I love loose tea, probably because I love all of the accessories and ritual that comes with carefully preparing each bag.

The smell is delicious. Subtle, understated and classy. The colour is a very pretty gold. All in all, this is a very inviting cup of tea.

One criticism I find I often have of Earl Grey is that the taste can be, well, offensively violent. Cup of Tea's EG is far from this- in fact, it is very delicate delicate and delicious. The flavour itself is refreshing and cleansing. Unlike many of the other teas I have tried so far, this one has no sticky aftertaste.  My favourite thing about the taste of this tea is that it has a lovely hint of sweetness after the initial taste of the tea and bergamot. I don't know why, but it just makes me happy. This is the sort of tea I would love to drink as part of Afternoon Tea.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't come across Cup of Tea before - will have to try Darjeeling Earl Grey. I can feel an order coming on...

    ReplyDelete