Saturday 10 July 2010

Earl Grey Taste Challenge- Day 6

So, after a hiatus due to heat, I am taking advantage of a cooler evening to try my sixth Earl Grey. I'm finding, that as part of this experiment that I am becoming picky about EG already. Maybe that's not a bad thing.

Anyway, today's Earl Grey comes from Hampstead Tea. Hampstead Tea is organic and good quality, but really reasonably priced.

The smell is perfect EG- sharp, tangy and crisp. The colour is bright and not insipid (something that I've noticed a lot of EG can be). The taste is excellent and reflects the smell; it's definitely a grown-up's tea. The taste is sophisticated and natural. After my first sip, my mouth felt refreshed and there was no stickiness. This tea is perfect with biscuits and cakes (actually, I ate stroopwaffles with a cup earlier) as it's not sweet or sickly, so it compliments the choice of treat, rather than battles for the notice of your tastebuds.

A really nice, grown up tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment