Friday 30 July 2010

Earl Grey Taste Challenge- Day 10

A good quality Earl Grey really speaks for itself and I have recently enjoyed one that does just that- Grey's Teas- Earl Grey. This tea is a fine blend of China Keemun tea and Indian Darjeeling (I must admit, I really like knowing where my tea is coming from and it seems that the best quality teas don't mind telling you this) with a really nice balance of bergamot- refreshing and sharp, another sign of this tea's high quality. At the moment, this is my favourite EG tea that I've tried so far- and I don't say that lightly. The balance between tea and bergamot is just right, the tea flavour is smooth and delicious and the bergamot kick is just perfect.
This tea is refined and refreshing. I love it.

As a side note, something to send the tea enthusiast's heart a-fluttering is that the company's founder not only has a long career in tea, but is also a descendant of the Earl Grey, Charles Grey after whom the blend is founded. If that's not an exceptional pedigree, I don't know what is!

No comments:

Post a Comment